Search the Web

Custom Search

Hello!

Welcome to this review site. These reviews are opinions based on my experiences - they are not meant to be definitive.  I invite you to add comments, view the films, see the shows, visit the places, taste the food and form your own opinions - we are unique individuals.  
Looking for something specific? Use the search feature in the header bar at the top of the page to search posts on this blog site only.  Want to browse and see what I have posted? Scroll down, in the side bar are my archives, click on a month and look at the titles.  Want to browse a specific section?  Use the labels at the side to call up posts on that topic.  Want to view the website of the place I visited, click the title of my post.
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

TAKOSUSHI: A Return

This is not a review.  Just a quick little note about a restaurant which is becoming my favorite place.  TAKOSUSHI is run by a couple who were looking to do something a little bit different.  They saw the opportunity in the franchise and decided this was their new path.  I had the opportunity to briefly chat with Shelby Stone, one of the owners, and as he puts it “the night half of the night and day team”.  Shelby is a painter, artist, supporter of the arts and very down to earth.  He was warm, welcoming and willing to sit down over a beer for a little chat.  In the few minutes we spent together I felt like I was talking to an old friend.  His demeanor and character were representative of the restaurant he helped to create.  I was glad to discover that the people who run one of my favorite places represent what they created:  a laid back place to have a good time.  If you want a comfortable different experience stop in order some food, drink some drink and while you are there say hello to the owners: they don’t bite.

No comments: